Monday, October 12, 2009

Penelope Cruz + Nina Ricci Large Leather Clutch


2009.09.09

Out to take care of some promotional duties, Penelope Cruz was spotted in New York City today (October 9) in support of her new film “Broken Embraces.”

The “Vanilla Sky” actress looked city chic as she passed through a mass of paparazzi, sporting an all-black ensemble and hiding behind a pair of black sunglasses.

Penelope carries a Nina Ricci Large Leather Clutch ($1,125.00 Barneys New York). There are only two kinds of bags celebrities carry- clutches and single shoulder bags. I am glad to see that. My background is in totes and luggage and I have chances to learn many new style bags and how to carry them in different ways. I have started to learn how to use clutches and single shoulder bags lately. I am amazed how many looks that I can wear. It is nice to walk out of your comfort zone!

I am glad that Nina Ricci is back that I have spotted many celebrities carry them. I love this Nina Ricci bag. The sale point for me is the opening- a snap closure in the middle which makes the opening look like a sideway "8". The leather is extremely smooth and the size is just right. There is no hardware outside the bag which won't scratch your clothes. The size is large enough to carry everything you need. I don't recommend to carry a clutch if you are walking or taking public transmission. If you are driving, the bag will sit on the passenger side. You will just crab it when you leave your car.

Comments: Classy yet modern

Ratings: 4 Bags (Out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment